Frank's Big Day

23.11.09 Ali Moore 0 Comments

After much dilema...okay, that's a lie. I always knew this was going to happen. Andrew was the one fighting it for Frank's manhood's sake.

Today is Franklin's big day. He's in for surgery. The surgery. Snip, snip. I had to drop him off this morning at 7:30am, and I did feel bad leaving him there, but I think I almost felt worse that we couldn't give him breakfast this morning because I know how much he loves his meals. Ha.

And, I totally got manipulated into getting him micro-chipped while's he's under today. The first check-in woman asked me, and acted like I was crazy when I said we didn't want to get it done. I'm pretty sure she sent in the second check-in woman to ask me again to make me change my mind. I stuck to my guns, but then on the way home I felt like a bad puppy parent and called them to let them know I changed my mind. I mean, it's not that expensive and easier to get done while they're already out so it doesn't hurt them as much. And, I kept thinking what if he got lost and we never saw him again?

I'm such a sucker.

Anyways, it is really weird around the house without him. I keep walking to the back door and remembering he's not outside, but at the vet. I wonder if this is what empty-nest syndrome is like? At least it is just a small dose...he should be ready to come home at 5pm today. And, from what I've heard, he probably won't even know what hit him. Or snipped him. Or however they do it. :)

0 comments: