Happy Birthday Randrew!

2.2.11 Ali Moore 1 Comments

No-spend January is over!!

I made it.  Er.  Kind of.  I went to the Goodwill store three days to go to look for some wedding decor for Rachel's wedding.  Well, they didn't have any, but I did make a $10 purchase for myself.  More to come on that later.

Swear jar total:
Andrew - approximately $10 (I found out he really wasn't keeping track very well so we had to estimate.)
Me - $1.25

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!  Guess that $10 Goodwill purchase already paid for itself out of my winnings??

Andrew turned the big 2-5 on Saturday and since there was still a lock around my wallet, I gifted him with lots of food just like my mom used to do when we were growing up in Hiawatha.  Going out for your birthday just isn't the same when you only have McDonalds or Subway to choose from.  Sorry - forgot Pizza Hut and Sonic.  :)

So we had lots of yummy things all weekend...

And, just as we cooked and cooked all month and were running out of steam, Andrew's family came into town to save the day with a fantastic birthday dinner.  

 Ruth also brought sunflower cookies she had made for her Kansas Day birthday boy.  Happy Birthday Andrew and Happy Birthday Kansas.

So after the birthday bash, we topped the weekend off with what else, but more pizza.  Practice makes perfect?  Andrew's been practicing all month.

We both got up and showered Monday morning.  I started running out of hot water towards the end of mine, but didn't think much of it.  Too bad it took us until that evening when I was washing dishes to figure out our water heater was on the fritz.  

It's pretty great having a husband who's a DIYer.  It's just that times things take longer when you're not a professional plumber, electrician, etc.  And this time that means our hot water heater still isn't fixed.  He tried his best, but the storm made it impossible to get to the store before it closed.  If you're following, you now realize we showered Monday morning, and it's Wednesday afternoon.  Don't worry, Andrew boiled water and mixed it with ice cold freezing water in the bath tub for his "shower" last night.  Yes, we just traveled back in time hundreds of years.  Even after several pots of boiling water, his bath still was cold.  I just couldn't do it.  Perk of working at home?  

Thank goodness our gym was open today as I'm now feeling squeaky clean.  Might have been the best shower ever.  And that's saying a lot for a gym shower.

Here's hoping Randrew gets home soon and can get us fixed up again.  

 I'd like to start showering regularly again.

1 comment:

  1. Ok Ali, Andrew needs to give me some of his pizza making secrets. Those look amazing. I will call you tomorrow and get the scoop on how your no spend month went :)

    ReplyDelete