Just What the Doctor Ordered

6.5.14 Ali Moore 0 Comments

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you all for your outpouring of support and love for our sweet girl Nelle.  

Her Friday appointment went as expected, and we are scheduled for muscle realignment surgery on both eyes in June.  I've been a little of all over the place about it, which is funny because it's what we ultimately thought would happen so I thought I was mentally prepared, but presently I feel really good about it.  She's going to rock it, the surgery will work, it will hold, and we will at some point in her life have to tell her about what life was like during her first six months because she will have no idea.

--

Our weekend was just what the doctor ordered.  If doctors actually ordered such things.
A lot going on with a lot of people we love sharing this life with.  
(everyone minus Jacob Joseph and Nelle) 

I could not get enough of the rosy red cheeks, sweaty heads, messy curls, missing bows and elated smiles coming from this group of tots.
They played, and played, and played.  Cars, trucks, hide-and-seek in the teepee, ball, chased birds, chased each other.  
Somehow, there were only a handful of timeouts.   I know.

We let Henry stay up three and a half hours past his bedtime, and of course we paid for it with his predictable 7am wake-up call, but it was worth it.  
He was so happy.
I was so happy.

And although it sure seems like we've now completely skipped spring and jumped straight into summer...
I mean full-blown hotter-than-the-4th-of-July-summer...
a certain someone around here doesn't seem to mind.

Although a certain someone else doesn't really know what all the fuss is about.

I love the changing seasons, and how each brings a new wave of happenings and traditions, and by far spring is the absolute best about breathing new life into those of us who need a little more fresh air, a little more going on, a little more than just hibernation.

I have to say though...this makes me giddy for summer.  
Could her cheeks get bigger?  Might as well see...

Giddy.

A few more weeks until lazy afternoons at the pool (I mean, as lazy as a day at the pool can be with a two-year-old and six-month-old), 
homemade fruit popsicles, glasses of lemonade, and more of these little bitty swim trunks.  

0 comments: