Wedding Bells

19.1.11 Ali Moore 2 Comments

I feel like I've been a little absent from the blog lately.  It's not because I'm purposely ignoring it.  I've just been throwing my creativity into something else. 

A wedding for these two that was going to be in October and is now in February.  

Of this year.  As in next month.  Yikes!  Jon works full-time for the Missouri National Guard and got a great promotion that includes relocation.  (And, I just can't write this post without saying how proud and thankful we are for his service!)  So decision time.  Move the wedding up and they are now moving together to St. Louie. 

Never fear, my super mom is pulling things together, and I think the winter-vintage-rustic theme is going to really come together. 

With this.


This.


And some of this.

And doilies.  Yes, doilies.  

Don't even get me started on this.  Love.


So not only are we planning this crazy-soon wedding, but I also decided to host a shower for my sister between now and then.  Crazy?  Maybe. 

The invitations came in yesterday morning, and I'm very pleased.  I ordered them from weddingpaperdivas.com, and chose a layout that included the dark purple Rachel's picked for the wedding color.

 The paper quality is better than expected.  The envelopes are signed, sealed, delivered. 

Next up - menu, decor, games?  I'm not a big shower gamey person.  Any suggestions?  The pressure is on!

Oh, and by the way, we've got a small reno project going on...stay tuned.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a big shower gamey person either, but for one of my friend's showers we did Gift Bingo. Have blank bingo cards that each person in attendance fills in with what gifts they think the bride will open. Mark off each square as the bride opens and the person who gets Bingo first, wins a prize (or we might have played black out?) It was different and not too lame :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be a long comment. Bear with me:) We always play the "Question Game". It's not too terribly cheesy and fun to discover things you might not have known about the couple. You get the groom to answer prepared questions ahead of time. Then, at the shower, the Bride answers how she thinks he would have answered. If she gets a question wrong, she has to put a piece of Bubbalicious gum in her mouth. The questions range from 'Where did you go for your first date?' to 'How many pairs of shoes does Krista own?'. I have an entire list of questions I could send you if you are interested! Just let me know via FB and I'll send em your way!

    One more thing you could do as the host is to purchase thank you cards for the bride, which makes her life really easy after the shower. Pre-stamp the envelopes and have each guest write their address on an envelope as they enter your house. My friends did this for me and I LOVED it! The last thing you want to do during wedding planning crunch time is write thank you cards for your showers.

    ReplyDelete