Potty Paint

16.7.10 Ali Moore 0 Comments

As mentioned, Andrew and I decided it was time to paint our guest bath last weekend.  I've been putting this off because I really wanted to paint very subtle stripes vertically on the walls, and then obvioulsy paint the wood and trim white.

However, Andrew vetoed those ideas, and I really wasn't up to tackling all of that by myself.  After all, it's summer, and I'm not going to spend my free time in a bathroom.

So, we settled on a color that looks kind of like chocolate milk.  Yum.  Just what I want to be thinking of when I'm going to the bathroom...?

Anyways, I'm really happy with the results.  We have really great tile floors, and the countertop is new, but also happens to be ugly.  There's a slight deep purple, maroon color that runs through the spackled pattern, and the previous wall color only accenuated it.  I would have described it as creamy, yellow salmon.  Barf.
















































Now that the walls are a darker color, I hardly even notice the purple/maroon.  Hallelujah!







































There is a lot of decorating to be done, but we're on the right track.   The framed picture is actually one of the pictures I took on our trip to Philadelphia with the Dawson's (below).








Guess I just need to go on more vacations to get more pictures for our walls.  :)

0 comments: