Kleenexes and Pronto Pups!

19.9.13 Ali Moore 0 Comments

We're all a little under the weather this week.  Okay, that's not accurate.  We're sick.  Bleh.  
Colds for everyone!
  
 If anything, it has confirmed what every woman has always thought, but just couldn't prove. 
Your husband is a big baby when he's sick.  Way whinier than necessary.  

We all have the same cold.  Got it from the same person at the same time.  

And Andrew asked me on Tuesday why he is so much sicker than me.  He even said maybe I'm not as sick as him since I'm pregnant.  Because that is logical.  Growing a human makes you a super hero and less susceptible to disease.   Goodness.  It makes me laugh even now just thinking about it.

But back to business.
I'm glad these sore throats, headaches and runny noses at least held off until after our big trip to the Kansas State Fair on Friday. 
 
We don't live near the ocean where our kids can have weekly beach adventures, or the mountains for daily breathtaking views and hikes, and we don't even live in a large enough city where there are new treasures and areas to be discovered and explored - aquariums, amusement parks, and an abundance of shops, restaurants, etc.  

No.  
 We live in a land-locked, small city where a new restaurant is BIG news for weeks (okay, months), but darn it, we are going to make the best of it.  

Ruth Burke nails it, "Only boring people get bored."

It's something I keep in the back of my head now that I stay at home with Henry.  For me, routine is such a necessary part of my job with raising babies, as little ones thrive on knowing what's coming next from even when they are mere months old.  But that doesn't mean we can't take advantage of little adventures to expand their minds and experiences as much as possible.

And for Henry, expanding his horizons at this point means driving an hour and checking out rows and rows of birds, bunnies, livestock and tractors.  And a bear show!  What is this place?  All of that was just the cherry on the top because he would have been content staying at the exotic animal petting zoo for two hours, except he was getting a little to friendly with the goats (I'm not sure they like being hugged), and mama wanted a corn dog. 
 
 And cheese curds.  

What?  
When in Rome.
Or Hutch.  Samesies.

0 comments: