Making Spirits Bright

23.12.10 Ali Moore 6 Comments

I went running this week.  I can't tell you the last time I have "gone for a run" as people who regularly exercise call it.  In fact, I went for a run two days in a row.  What is happening to me?  At a time when everything is about tradition and the familiar, I'm out of my comfort zone - literally - and doing something new.

Not sure if this is going to be a new tradition as my run ended up only being a little over a mile (all my half-marathoner friends...I don't know how you do it), but to get me back to my center I've been focusing on what really counts.

Fawning over Franklin.

He just got a bath and is frisking all over the house, running in circles and picking up every toy he has, but it will only be a few minutes until he's calmed down and crashes for a nap.

I love that Franklin.

























And this one.


























And this one.

























And these.


























We are enjoying our family of three this Christmas, but feel so blessed to have such great families and friends to share with.  Thank you for filling up our office cork board and thinking of us this holiday season! 

























Franklin is especially grateful for our neighbor Anne who spoils him rotten and made him his very own dog-friendly Christmas cookies.

























Unfortunately, since we still have yet to win the lottery we couldn't send out Christmas Cards to everyone that we would have liked to surprise by popping up in their mailbox this time of year.  So keep your fingers crossed for us next year, and until then...




























Have a very Merry Christmas!  Enjoy the time with loved ones, good food and spirits, safe travels and the feeling that only comes once a year.


Here's to making it through the last work day of the year for me.  Ahh...

6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Love that Franklin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post reminded me of Enjoying the Small things!! Ahh! I love it! PS- tell Lora and Casey I see that Christmas card that we DID NOT recieve... haha. JK :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Franklin! What a cutie :) Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post Ali--makes me so excited for Christmas! Franklin is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One day I just started running...only one mile at a time. Then one day you get that runner's high and can go further and further. I am still a beginner, but I finally can see the addiction instead of feeling like I am literally going to die while running.

    ReplyDelete