Three Weeks

26.8.15 Ali Moore 0 Comments

Somehow, our June Bug is three weeks old tomorrow.


Through the haze of round the clock feedings, and too early wake up times from toddlers that don't have a snooze button, bedtime cuddles where I think I'm her favorite place and I know she's mine, time spent gazing into her deep blue eyes wondering who she'll be, trying to memorize her newborn smell and the softness of her newborn fuzz on her shoulders and face and ears and back, it both equally feels as if June has been here all along, yet only mere days.  

I snapped these shots of her snoozing on our bed on Saturday, wanting to preserve this fleeting time.  I want to remember how small is, how snuggly, how content, how precious.  After I was done, I could have stared at her sleeping there for another hour, breathing her in, feeling thankful and content and blessed.  

Instead, I scooped her up, and we went and napped together on the couch.

It was a great nap.  

It was a great day.

0 comments: