Day Three

6.2.15 Ali Moore 0 Comments

I'm on day three of my weekly laundry charge.  Every week I can't figure out how only four people  produce enough laundry for so SO many loads.  And I should be switching loads from the washer to the drier to my bed where I've always folded and sorted and piled until the end of the day when all I want to do is get in my bed and pull the covers up to my chin and sleep, but then I walk in and see the piles that have been folded and sorted and not put away.  And then I put them awayAt 10 o'clock at night.  On day three.

So you know what I'll be doing tonight...such a wild and crazy night for this almost 30-year-old!  

Except this week, I don't think day one of the laundry battle should count because I was sick.

Again.

I don't know if it's just been that bad of a winter for illness, 
or having two tots running around touching every possible germy surface when we are out in public, or that I'm tired and my body feels totally depleted or that I'm pregnant and I'm tired and I've self-diagnosed that my body is totally depleted.  
 
But the kids got another round of colds this week, and Henry got a ticket to the pharmacy today to pick up some nice pink gooey medicine to knock the sinus infection right out of him, and on Wednesday morning after a couple of not so great nights of sleep, I woke up totally nauseous, achy, fevery, chilled, and headachey.  Of which I powered the best I could.  Ish.

Meaning, I sent Henry to Kids' Day Out when he was borderline maybe-he-should-stay-home with that buggered nose, but I just can't today so you're going.  And then when the kids got up from really terrible naps that afternoon, I laid on the couch and tried to get Henry to stop jumping on me and at one point tried to hide in my room, but he just followed me in there and laughed as he tried to jump on me some more, 
and I watched the clock until Andrew finally walked through the door and made me some tea.
 
I'm very, very happy to be feeling better. 
I'm very, very happy to have warmer weather here, even for just a bit, so I can open our windows and Lysol the schnikes out of our house.
And, I'm very, very happy it's Friday.

A good weekend to you and you and you.

Better go switch the laundry.

0 comments: